- National Pizza Month is October. We began National Pizza Month in 1987.
- The people of America eat around 350 slices of pizza each second, or 100 acres per day.
- Each year, pizza is a $30 billion industry.
- In the U.S., there are about 61,269 pizza parlors.
- Everyone in the United States eats about 23 lbs., or 46 slices, every year.
- Each year in the United States, 3 billion pizzas are sold.
- In America, the most popular ethnic food is Italian.
- Children ages 3-11 prefer pizza over all other foods for lunch and dinner, according to a recent Gallup Poll.
- 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni.
- We consume around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperonis every year.
- A few popular pizzas toppings are:
(Mushrooms, Extra cheese, Sausage, Green Pepper, and Onion. In the list of most popular pizza toppings in America, the last one is anchovies.)
- Americans prefer meat toppings to veggie toppings by a ratio of 62 to 100. Women order twice as much vegatable toppings than men.